4.15.2005

Eleven Minutes

I just finished reading the book Eleven minutes (I just bought it yesterday and managed to finish it today about 3:53 am, hehe). And I want to buy another one, longer one so I would not just finish it the day I bought it, hehe. ;) My assessment on the book? Hmm, I find Paolo's writing different; I just don't know what it is. It is something deep. I am such an ignoramus! ;p I could have chosen another book rather than that for I had already read two of his novels which have the same style. It challenges me to test whether I could take a hold of such writings and style but after reading his three novels I'm going to say that I had a hard time with this one. :) I simply lack the ability to comprehend what the main character (Maria) and her beloved (Ralf) or the other supporting characters wants to imply, though I could grasp certain points discussed on the novel. :) Like what are their inner struggles and conflicts. It comprises a lot of thing and I find it confusing which one of everything. And oh! By the way there was a quite surprise on one of the characters... because the name happened to be "Terence" (of all the names huh?). Oops special mention... if you happen to read this which I doubt you'll not, hehe. This book's topic suits you... kiddin! ;p This guy was a "special client" who works with a record company in England and believes that pain & suffering creates pleasure (yah right!). He is part of a group that practices the art of sadomasochism. There was even a Filipina prostitute named Nyah that worked together with Maria and being considered as one of her very few friends. Well, that's it I guess I'm going to read it again maybe I could somehow understand fully the text. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home