7.23.2005

REALITY BITES

MONDAY

Dimasalang health center - I was assigned on the assessment/receiving, where I would ask what the client's purpose of visit. Super recorded na ung sinasabi ko: Call the name of the patient "Ilang taon na po" "Anong timbang?" "May lagnat po ba?" "May ubo’t sipon?" 'Ano pong pinunta nila dito?" and I give health teachings also. Madami patients mostly for immunization (DPT, OPV, HEPA B, etc), mga baby na macucute. :) The people were accommodating. Iba talaga pag nasa health center ka, you would see people that lives mostly in simplicity or the depressed area (well, actually hindi naman talaga depressed area, basta ung masa). You would see their way of life, etc. lucky for them to receive free medicines but some prescriptions they have to buy themselves, mabibili kaya nila? :(

Viki and I studied for the MP practical test, as in dinownload ko pa mga pics ng parasites so I could answer. Hindi nga lang ako masyado nagfocus on the details about them like, life cycle, disease, infective stage... etc. ayun, feeling ko bagsak ako... I was really clueless on some questions and slides. As in hula na lang talaga sa iba... waaah! ;(

Tuesday

Dimasalang - assigned on dispensing, treatment room. There were fewer clients for vaccination (the cute babies!), usually dispensing of medicines lang. But I was satisfied naman, I get to explain how they will give the medication. :) There was one client that really struck me. Kasi after consulting the doctor they would go to the treatment room for available medicines... some prescribed drugs on their own na sila. This particular client (guy) about 40+ na ciguro, looks like a worker or something of that sort, was giving me he's prescription paper... available lang ung 2 gamot the other one, abscorbic acid, was not available. So I told him that he would buy it, sabi niya wala siyang pera... siyempre wala na ko nasabi ngumiti lang ako in nice way saying na wala po dito e. Tapos sabi na lang niya, "Di bale na lang...". Nakakaawa naman, buti na lang hindi major drug... I mean supplement lang ung wala... reality check na naman...

MP - test na naman! Waah! Ang hirap... mas bagsak ata ako dito!!! ;(

English - I didn't attend I want to go home to sleep and prepare for the tests tom.

Study... study... study... study... FUNDA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home