2.28.2005

DVD weekend

I considered last Friday my DVD day… hehe. Since my mom bought new ones (pirated ;p) I really can't resist but to watch them! ;)

First stop: CLOSER --- I just don’t get what they are trying to say. I think it is all about the dirty side of love. ;) I heard the word F*CK almost in every word they say… ok I might be exaggerating but every time they are to argue or just plain talk that word seems to always escape their mouths. They used it as what it literally means, hehe. Too vulgar the words, I was quite shocked when they are fighting over SEX! Pathetic! I don't know if Dan (the doctor, husband of Anna) was plain pervert. Or all the characters are perverts, hehe. Betrayal, lying, deception, sex… hay, basta ganyan siya! I'm not used to such movies… not my type! Good thing no bold scenes, hehe… the language lang talaga. Ü

Second stop: MILLION DOLLAR BABY --- just the way I like it! Talks about a story of a woman who dreams of being a boxer. She is trying to get away from the life she is used to live, being a waitress. She was trained due to her perseverance by one of the best trainers who at first declines to teach her anything just because she is a girl and already old for boxing. But she proves him wrong; she won many fights with knockouts only during the first round. The title fight ends her career and life as well. Dramatic, I can't help but sympathize over Mary Ann… she had a cruel life and until the end she had been suffering. Only the days when she was on the ring may have been her greatest experience and dream, no regrets! Talks also about the dramatic side of her trainer…. O damn I forgot the actor! CLINT EASTWOOD! ;p

Third stop: ANACONDAS the search for the blood orchid --- typical "human-eating-creatures" movie, hehe. But better that the first one. I can't say anything anymore… hehe. Ü

Supposed to watch LADDER 49 but the copy is not that good… ampf! ;(

Fourth stop: BOURNE SUPREMACY --- after BOURNE IDENTITY (which by the way I haven't watched pa…) action… CIA thingy… military etchos… hehe. ;p Pero maganda! Ü

That wraps it… until next marathon! I'm already missing out the good shows shown in cable tv due to watching flicks… it's already my routine whenever I go home every weekends… unless there are no new DVDs, back to cable! ;p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home